The PEI Cultural Human Resource Sector Council (CHRSC) is a not-for-profit organization that brings together representatives from PEI’s cultural sector to discuss issues and develop long-term solutions that respond to the sector’s human resources needs. The Council invites applications for the position of Executive Director.
Reporting to a Board of Directors, this position will be directly involved in the management and leadership of a Sector Council operation. Additionally, in this role, the Executive Director will:
• Manage research projects including hiring contractors, preparing contract documents, managing timelines and budgets, and working with a steering committee.
• Assist the board in continuing to implement the Cultural Sector Training Strategy in concert with the steering committee and related stakeholders.
• Develop and execute a series of lunch and learn/HR workshops.
• Provide information and support to the sector via newsletters, website, and a blog.
• Maintain effective relationships with provincial and federal government representatives, public and private educators, and industry stakeholders.
• Manage the Sector Council organization, including staff, office operations and financial procedures as directed by the Board.
The successful candidate should possess a relevant post-secondary degree combined with demonstrated experience in a leadership role providing strategic planning and direction. Proven competencies and performance in the areas of planning, management, government relations and leadership are essential, along with sound judgment, innovative approaches to strategic thinking, and the ability to create and implement strategies to achieve the goals and objectives set forth by the Council. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to establish and maintain working relationships with various levels of government and cultural sector stakeholders. Preference may be given to candidates demonstrating knowledge of cultural human resources issues and the PEI cultural sector, as well as experience in grant writing. Please indicate if you have proficiency in any language other than English.
To apply for this position, please forward a detailed resume by mail or fax, quoting the position title to:
PEI Cultural Sector Council
141 Grafton St., Suite 202
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 1K9
The deadline for submissions is 4:00 pm on Friday, April 23rd, 2010.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
The PEIHSC is funded by the Canada/Prince Edward Island
Labour Market Development Agreement [www.lmda.pe.ca].