The PEI Writers’ Guild Pen & Inkling Festival is fast approaching beginning on Friday, September 18 through to Sunday, September 20!
We are hoping YOU will volunteer to give a little or a lot of time for several different types of activities:
– We need a head volunteer for each major event, especially each of the tents to coordinate our volunteers! These folks will report directly to Laurel Smyth, Festival Coordinator and Yvette Doucette, PEI Writers’ Guild President.
– We need some people to tend the entrance to our various events, to collect donations and disseminate information.
– We need facilitators who would be willing to facilitate a short writing exercise of your own choosing in our Exercise Tent on Sunday afternoon.
– We need volunteers to sell our “The Figure in the Landscape” calendars and possibly books.
– We need Zen writers and sketchers – people who will help by spending some time on Sunday afternoon writing poems for anyone who wants one for a loonie or toonie or making quick studies of people in words or sketches.
– We need authors willing to read from their work at the Open Mic events on Friday Evening (east or west events) and on Sunday afternoon in the open mic tent (can be in your mother tongue!).
– We need people at each event who will come early to help with set-up and perhaps stay afterwards to help wrap up.
– We need people who will keep an eye on refreshment tables to ensure that they remain clean, tidy, & well supplied.
– We need people to bake birthday cakes! (would like to have 8-10 for the Big Birthday Bash on Saturday night)
– We need people at each event willing & capable of being a visible “Go To” person to handle those little things that crop up at events. Essentially this person will either handle the issue or find Laurel or Yvette.
If you are someone who can be relied on to turn up where & when they say they will and would like to help for a while in one of the above ways, please contact Laurel Smyth at email@example.com or call her during business hours at 902.892.9421.
Please decide what you want to attend first. Register if necessary. See what other time you have available. Give us those times. We will try to have most volunteers do no more than an hour or two. THANKS SO MUCH! This is OUR festival:
Please get involved!
Laurel Smyth, Festival Coordinator
Yvette Doucette, PEI Writers’ Guild President