Island screenwriters are invited to submit feature length screenplays to a new category of the Island Literary Awards.
Unlike other categories in the Island Literary Awards, the Screenplay Category will not offer cash prizes; instead it will focus on helping script writers with their professional development.
Prizes for winning feature length screenplays will be as follows:
First Place: Professional Analysis of the script plus two 1-hour sessions with Superchannel Representative Cheryl Wagner
Second Place: A Special Invitation to attend the PEI Screenwriters’ Bootcamp in 2010
Third Place: TWO Memberships to City Cinema plus 2 Free tickets
Deadline for submissions to the Screenplay Category is July 1st, 2009.
For information on eligibility and guidelines go to www.peiwritersguild.wordpress.com
Island Literary Awards Screenplay Competition
- Deadline is 5 p.m., July 1st, 2009. Late entries or those postmarked past that date will not be accepted.
- Contest open to Island residents only (6 months minimum residency) All ages are eligible.
- Submitted scripts must be original feature-length screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- Each script must be accompanied by a separate page showing author’s name, address, email and phone number.
- Each script must be accompanied by a $20 entry fee in cheque or money order made payable to the PEI Writers’ Guild.
- The applicant’s name, address, or phone number should not appear on the cover, title page, or any other page of the submitted work.
- All entries must be in English and between 80 and 145 pages in length. Font must be 12 point. Scripts should be in standard spec screenplay format printed on white paper.
- All pages should be numbered, and no revisions or missing pages will be accepted after the initial submission.
- Under no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry screenplay(s) be made. Screenplays will not be returned.
- If a submitted screenplay becomes optioned or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that screenplay will no longer be eligible.
- Please mail or hand-deliver entries to Island Literary Awards, c/o L. Smyth, 34 Hensley Street, Charlottetown PE C1A 4T6
Laurel Smyth, Coordinator
2009 Island Literary Awards
902 892 9421